Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shorts!

On Thursday, I finished up the black linen shorts, using this tutorial from Cotton and Curls. I had to add and subtract a little creatively...but I loved how they turned out! Here I am marking a line to cut off QUITE a bit from the hem..I love how the blue chalk looked on the black linen.




A peek at the elastic waistband- there is only elastic in the back.


Voila! The whole shebang before hemming.


A look at the front. Can you see the side panels I had to put in?

Hemmed!



And the finished product!

What I wore while I sewed. I love the color of this L.L. Bean shirt- it matches the front of our house. I altered the pants myself to make them skinnier, also using a tutorial from C&C.


My hair was wildly curly today - love humid, rainy days!


This is sort of a sneak peek at my next post...except for the sneaker, disregard it. The POINT is that I went through my fabric scraps and cooked up another project.... Be SO excited!








No comments:

Post a Comment