Friday, May 16, 2014

The lure of blogging and other goings-on

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12278881/?claim=3tt43bzxwfd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I was thinking about just why it is so satisfying to blog...especially with no readers! I think it is just that if you see the lovely parts of your own life it is a way of collecting those parts and setting them out to look at again.  Some moments over the past few days:

I sewed a shirt these past two days, using this lovely silk remnant my mom found at a yard sale.


I am using this book, which was a birthday present from my brother.


I made top 7b.






True to the title, it was quite simple - only three pattern pieces: front, back and sleeve!



Front and back sans sleeves. I love the long shallow neckline. The body of the shirt is the perfect shape, wide without being shapeless.


A few details...



Modelling the sans sleeves version - I may make one that is sleeveless.


This morning I sewed on the sleeves... My sewing machine light is so cheery and warm.


Voila! The finished shirt! Looking appropriately simple and modern.


Modelling... this is before I pressed it...






In other well-being/summer project news, I ate so healthy today! Mango butter smoothie (thus have I christened my new recipe) for breakfast, chicken on a salad for lunch, and tilapia, eggs, or soup for dinner, with two squares of dark chocoalte and a vanilla pudding as a treat. Delish. 

I also moved my college books onto a shelf in my room and furthermore created a little section of books on the shelf which I want to read this summer.

The shelf in question.

The selection in question. 

Blurry, but from left to right: The Cat Who Went up the Creek by Lillian Jackson Braun, Complete Modern Hebrew, This Explains Everything, The Sword of Honour Trilogy by Evelyn Waugh, The Complet Poems and Plays of T.S. Eliot, On Fairy Stories by JRR Tolkien and the Silmarillion by the same, Villete by Charlotte Bronte, Watership Down, The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope, and Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes. Very exciting... I will be busy.

Speaking of busy, the cats were profoundly the opposite this afternoon but despite their indolence they were very cute. Therefore, I end this post with catnap pictures!!!

Boinky:




And Penny:

No comments:

Post a Comment